Hybrid Flooring is a modern development in floor coverings, providing outstanding quality and a superb visual appearance. These floors include the best of laminate and vinyl flooring, making them superb rigid floorboards. Hybrid board's core combines layers of different materials that make this flooring waterproof, scratch, and stain-resistant with a wide range of natural timber designs and an extensive range of colours.
About Hybrid Flooring
A new flooring option is available for your home these days where vinyl waterproofing and scratch-resistant laminate are combined to form a hybrid flooring.
This hybrid flooring is available in many different designs and styles. However, still maintaining its cost within an affordable range.
Advantage of hybrid flooring
Hybrid flooring has become a popular choice of floorcoverings for a good reason. It is not just a beautiful-looking flooring but has many benefits and advantages to other floor choices.
The following are advantages of hybrid flooring:
- Durable – With combined layers of robust material, it will be durable and will be great flooring material for any property with high traffic areas and safe for kids and pets at home.
- Stylish - Hybrid flooring will offer your home or office a very stylish look, almost similar to the appearance of laminate flooring.
- Quite – Most of every hybrid flooring brand will be available with acoustic underlay built-in, making it a great option for apartments and multiple levels homes. which will offer you savings that you need while purchasing this extra flooring accessory
- Easy to clean - You will find hybrid flooring much easier to maintain. You can vacuum, broom and mop this floor even with water. Because this is a floating floor that has a click-lock system, it becomes one even floor covering, eliminating gaps for dirt build-ups.
- Waterproof - Because it is made of different components, most of it is plastic, the hybrid flooring is a completely waterproof rigid floor.
- Fade-resistant - Generally, every board will have a top layer with UV protection. That makes the hybrid board fade-resistant flooring resistant.
- Affordable – In generally, hybrid planks will be inexpensive compare to laminate or vinyl flooring
- Though very durable, however, you cannot resand hybrid flooring. If your hybrid floorboard gets damaged, then you have to replace the complete board.
- Easy Installation – It can be layed over multiple subfloors and materials, such as tile, chipboards, concrete, wooden floors, and even vinyl floors.
If you are still not sure that this floor is good for you, you can always discuss with a specialist who can provide you more information and give you expert advice on why you should consider hybrid flooring for your home.
A few frequently asked questions related to hybrid flooring
What is hybrid flooring?
The latest hybrid flooring, available on the market, is also called hybrid vinyl flooring, generally incorporates mixed waterproofing characteristics of vinyl planks and also durable laminate timber floors. As a result, it creates beautifully authentic designed flooring that is engineered to withstand longer.
Whether hybrid flooring is waterproof?
Surely, hybrid floorboards are absolutely waterproof as they combine durable protective top layers having a waterproof core. Also, hybrid floorboards click together snugly, which means that any moisture can seep between the floorboards. In bathrooms and kitchens, hybrid floorboards can work fine.
What types of hybrid flooring are available?
While choosing your hybrid floors, you have a few options to choose from, as follows:
- Stone Plastic Composite (SPC).
- Wood Plastic Composite (WPC).
- Infused Polymer Core (IPC).
- Engineered Plastic Core (EPC).
- Magnesium Oxide (MgO), is a Reinforced Mineral Core.